CHOC ORANGE MUFFINS
This recipe has been adapted from Petite Kitchen's Boiled Orange Cake recipe.
And turned into muffins with a chocolate ganache and dehydrated orange pieces.
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 4 heaped Tbsp good quality cocoa
- 5 heaped Tbsp honey (I prefer to use stevia as it makes this cake lower carb. Note here - use as much stevia as you would normally use for a cake; 1-2 tsp depending on sweetness level required).
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 90% chopped Lindt Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Chips of choice (optional)
- 1 Block 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate *Note this is very dark and not very sweet so use a lower cacao based chocolate if you like your chocolate ganache 'chocolately'.
- 1/4C runny cream
- 60g butter
1 orange for dehydration.
- Boil oranges in water for 1 hour
- Allow to cool
- Blitz oranges in food processor
- Add remaining ingredients except choc to food processor and blitz until combined
- Spoon into muffin trays
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in muffin trays.
- Melt ingredients and allow to cool
- Thinly slice and halve the orange.
- Place on a wired tray in oven
- Bake for 2-3 hours at 100 degrees. Keep an eye on it though!
Decorate muffins with ganache and dehydrated oranges and enjoy!
Tag me @christine_westbury if you recreate these gems :)